Male Involvement Project in Maternal Health (MIP) was launched in May 2016 with an aim of increasing men’s involvement in women’s health issues mainly maternal health, pre and post reproductive health and wellbeing of the girl child. Women face many problems in reproductive stages such as poor choice of contraception methods, HIV in pregnancy, bone health problems, heart health issues.
The project engages men to support girls to stay in school, avoid teenage pregnancy, HIV awareness, and through sexual reproductive health education the program engages young boys /students, fathers and uncles to value women and girls
The project supports pregnant women through sensitizing the advantaged men to become proactive in maternal health such as antenatal check ups, HIV Counseling and Testing and complications that come with pregnancy.The project educates men about the advantage of ageing with their wives, sons and brothers to have compassion to this woman as she transits into the menopause phase of life. Men are encouraged to support them financially, socially,emotional and physically.
- To engage men in discussions that bring about the realization for the respect of women’s rights
- To reiterate the need for men to fulfill their responsibilities to women
- To tame men’s behavior that often leads to domestic violence
- To increase men’s involvement in women’s lives before and after giving birth.
- Educate and sensitize men to respect their women
- Sessions for young men and boys to become more responsive to women when in need
- Sessions to enhance men’s involvement in breast feeding
- Men( husbands, fathers, brothers and boys)
- Girls and Women
Time Frame: 2016- 2019
Geographical Area:- Uganda