Healthy Mama Program (HMP) is a menopausal awareness program where we aim at outsourcing menopausal
challenges and raising awareness on Women’s Health Issues most especially through education, and advocacy with
provision of medical services to women facing menopausal challenges.
HMP focuses on women’s health issues associated with menopause such as Sexual health, Bone health, Neurological conditions, Heart health, Breast cancer, HIV/AIDS, Stroke, Physical fitness, Spiritual, Emotional and Mental wellness.
Therefore, to achieve “A Health Menopause”, Women’s Health Foundation has been run running this project for the
past two years.
Topics discussed in this project:
1. Bone health
2. Heart health
4. General fitness exercises
5. Manual handling trainings
6. Non communicable diseases such as stroke, cancers, respiratory diseases, diabetes, hypertension etc
7. Gynecological and Obstetrics issues such as urine incontinence, pelvic anatomy and pelvic floor muscle information, urgency to urinate, prolapsed uterus, vagina and cervix.
Time Frame: 2014-2019.
1. Early menopausal women aged 30-49 years
2. Post-menopausal women aged above 51 years.
Uganda:- Mukono district, Jinja District, Luwero district, Kampala district and Wakiso district.